Social Icons

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Paragraph: My Pen Friend



Although I have many friends within the country, but I have always wished to cultivate a friend in a foreign country. The other day I was going through a magazine and came across the addresses of many children from the world over who were desirous to make pen friends.
I looked for the name and the country that I liked. I wanted a pen friend in the United States of America as I found the culture of that country very different from ours. At last I found the address of Rowley who lives in San Francisco. He is thirteen Years' old and is the son of two doctors. His parents love His dearly as he is the only-child.
He wrote to me as soon as he received my first letter and I was very touched by his warmth and friendliness. Rowley loves America a lot. He had never heard much about Bangladesh and he always expresses His surprise when he realizes how advanced Bangladesh has become. Otherwise people have a very poor impression about our country - a backward, primitive country. I try to give His an objective and unbiased view of my country and his people and he does the same.
The result of this honest sharing has been the growth of a greater understanding of the culture and even of Rowley himself. I realize that he is a sensitive and loving person. He is extremely lovely to. As he is the only child he writes to me about all his problems and I do the same. We give each other a lot of support although we live so far from each other.
Pen friends are a lot of fun apart from being our confidants. They help to educate us and we find ourselves growing into persons whose horizons are as large as the world itself.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

the first sentence should not have both "although" and "but" in it.

Anonymous said...

This is a very good paragraph.
I suddenly got a paragraph from my school
And i really liked this one.Thank you a lot